It's me...It's me!!!!

It's me...It's me!!!!

Goofy Miss Lydia

Goofy Miss Lydia
She gets her silliness from me!

Little Miss Lucy

Little Miss Lucy
Totally has my cheeks!

Monday, April 12, 2010

What's up with chuck?


I know the title of this blog is a little confusing, but I didn't want to title it "What's up with my puking 3 times a day?", LOL!! I didn't want to scare people off, ha ha! Now, vomiting isn't necessarily a symptom of RSD as far as I know, but it can happen due to high pain levels and high stress levels. I've been experiencing a lot of digestive issues as far as appetite loss, abdominal cramping, nausea, and tushie issues (I'll leave it at that!).


I've lost almost 80 pounds this year and that's with Lucy's pregnancy. Normal women gain 30 pounds during pregnancy and I lost that. But she still came out with a very healthy weight of 7 pounds 9 oz. As of January I've lost another 40 lbs which is when RSD starting effecting me. My body has changed so much with all of this weight loss. I've gone down over 4 pant sizes. There are quite a few people in my life that are so excited about my new figure. And they are wondering why I am not. I think it's because I didn't go on some new fad diet and I didn't start exercising 5 days a week. I lost all of this weight due to excruciating pain. Pain that makes it so I have no desire to eat. I have to force feed myself a granola bar or a piece of string cheese before I take my meds in the morning. Even drinking water can send me into a fit of vomiting. It's gotten to the point where I have to carry "puke bags" in my pockets or in my purse, because of the instantaneous need to well, puke.


My body is also changing so much to the point where I can feel bones that I quite frankly didn't know existed. It's so weird to touch the side of my torso and feel my rib cage or put my hands on my hips and have them actually be on my hips. Usually my hands were on my love handles, lol. But as I have navigated my new body I've found some new discoveries besides bones. I've found lumps. One lump at the bottom of my rib cage, 2 lumps underneath my knee and a very large baseball size lump at the base of my neck.


The skin on my hands are peeling off in sheets as well and I am still experiencing a lot of what they call "allodynia" which is extreme sensitivity to touch. I try to hold out the majority of my pain tolerance for my kids. What I mean by that is that it hurts so bad to be touched so when I know it's time to do something with the kids, I let them touch me, grab me, hold on to me, kiss me, whatever they want and I just grin and bare it. But I only have so many of those moments before the pain becomes overwhelming.


So I go to see Dr. Hess again tomorrow to figure out if there is something else going on that is also adding on a plethora of illnesses. I plan on talking to him about all of the above. I am hoping this time he hears me a little more clearly because last time, I felt that he was going so fast and being such a goofball (which a big part of me, I did enjoy!). But I want to be heard, this is my life, this is my future. And all of these new symptoms are very scary. So please pray for me that Dr. Hess will be very understanding and open to listening to me tomorrow.

Hope you all are well!

Love and Hugs,

Chrissie

3 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow. I will keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all of your other issues, who cares what your figure looks like? I'm sure that's the last thing on your mind.

    Good luck with Dr. Hess, hope he has good news and options for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! And you are right Jenny, I have very little time to enjoy or celebrate my weight loss, I am too consumed with everything else, good point!! Thanks much to both of you! Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete